11.26.2004

Double Blue Day

Heading up (down?) to Hamilton today with Danny to see the Metro Bowl finals, pitting the St. Michael's Kerry Blues against the Pickering Trojans (many whom Dan coaches during the summer on the Scarboro Ghettoleague Team).

So you probably wonder why the hell am I going to a high school football game. Those who've known me for a long time will know that part of me lives in the past, in the "glory days" of high school. My two best friends come from high school. We live in the past all the time. We remember the times, when we cheered loudly in the stands about being superior to others, both in mind, and athletically.

"Ivy League (pointing to ourselves) - Devry (pointing to the other school's fans)!"

Leave out the fact that I did not attend an Ivy League school (not even close), and that 9/10 of the people in school were smarter than me. Doesn't matter, we had better, wittier cheers. The homosexual jokes about the all boys school is really only good a few times, then it loses its luster.

Yeah, I guess we were mean too. I guess that's why the school doesn't seem to have a cheerleading squad (supplied by an all-girls school in the city) anymore. I mean, would you go back if your teams fans threw doggy biscuits at you everytime you started a cheer???!!!

ohh...those were the days.

it'll be interesting if almost a decade after graduating, things are different. does it really matter? probably not. if we lose today, my boys and i will still have our memories.

just call me Al Bundy.

Prediction: SMC 34 Pickering 21. Sorry Dan, your boys are going down. Dreams of NCAA stardom dashed. I'll bring some Devry applications with me.

Go blue.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home