11.25.2004

Aside

So here’s a side note story for you on my resignation day. This is so typical of my life.

One of my colleagues (whom will remain nameless), whom I consider a friend, was working on a file with me this year. He’s leaving the firm as well in the near future to pursue some other endevours, so I sent him a quick email asking him about the state of the archive file, and when we could get it done. I FYI’d him on my situation, and my intent to resign today. I told him to just keep it hush hush for a little bit so I could get the information to the partners.

He emails me back, with information on when he is available, and cc’s the partner. Typical stuff. EXCEPT that he forgot to delete the message history! So, this partner is probably sitting in her office wondering WTF is going on as I write this! Anyways, not a really big deal, especially considering who it was. Typically, this dude will beat himself up over stupidity over and over. So really, there is no work to be done on my part except to egg him on. I might be mad at someone else, but not this guy.

Damage control will be fairly simple. Resign to my partner, then walk right over and tell this partner. Done deal. But the fun of razzing this guy for the rest of his life is priceless!

Can’t get me down today!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home